St Bs is a thriving, vibrant church in North London
Planted 100 years ago, today the community of St Barnabas North London comprises 750 adults and 300 youth and children. Ours is a diverse community, with more than fifty different ethnicities represented.
We hold four services at our Holden Road site every Sunday, with two further congregations that meet elsewhere (Oakleigh Community Church and Church@5 on Strawberry Vale).
Hundreds of St Bs members volunteer their time to support the work of the church. Together, we have a huge heart for being and building community and serving others.
In the last twelve months, St Bs has...
- Served 30,000 cups of coffee
- Prepared and shared over 2,000 lunches with homeless friends
- Hosted 12 Finchley Jam open mic nights
- Welcomed 90 toddlers at Barneys and 132 older people at our senior citizens events
- Donated and distributed 85 Christmas hampers and 300 mini-hampers to families on local estates
- Presented the Alpha course to 35 people
- Provided English conversation classes for about 75 people
- Prayed for about 500 people on Finchley High Road
- Received 500+ people into St Bs for each of our winterfest and springfest events
- Given £175,000 away to good causes
- Provided space and development to 300+ children and young people through Tots church, Kids church,The Sunday Session and The 5
- Mentored 75 young people and adults both through St Bs and through our sister charity, Hope North London
- Served nearly 100 adults and numerous children at the Finchley Food Bank
We are a church that has regional outlook | We are not just a local parish church but draw people from all over North London and we have a vision to reach out far beyond our immediate local neighbourhood.
We have a vision to be a big church | Not all churches need to be big, as smaller churches are often excellent pastorally. But big churches can do things that small churches cannot.
We believe God wants us to be a “hub church” | As a larger church we feel called to be a hub, with mission and ministry emanating out from us, and also resourced by us.